Back on track, here’s an essay-filled geek fu!
Report of the D&D Duke University demo
I announce Voices: New Media Fiction - a podiobook featuring Cory Doctorow, James Patrick Kelly, Patrick McLean, JR Blackwell, Jared Axlerod, Paul Jenkins, Tee Morris, Daniel Emery and Jason Erik Lundberg
I will be at StellarCon this year
We saw a fun musician last night - his podcast is The Night Sound Show
I discuss email
Essay of the week: Obi Wan, Can I Borrow the Keys to the Car?
In this podcast I test out my iRiver microphone and discuss my upcoming talk at Duke about D&D, the horrible horoscopes in the paper, and the creation of stress in lives without it.
Someday I’ll get this damn podcast back on track.
Show notes n stuff:
I apologize for name idiocy - check the blog post below this one for more info. I’m not going to write “cheapass gamer” seventeen times again.
I make a deal with my listeners on politics.
My husband Jim has a podcast: The Vintage Gamer. Check it out.
And I did not get everyone sick!
I promise to work soon on my podcast CD.
I read some comics by listener Daniel Warner - check out Cocopiazo
My to-be-read list is large, but I’m starting to get through it with the help of Robin McKinley
This week’s essay discusses all the lessons we teach children and how they aren’t used as adults.
So. Ralph Nader instead of Ross Perot in Podcast #55.
And I got the wrong Cheap Ass gamer. The cheapass gamer who mixes videogame music in a podcast and contributes to the Gaming Uncensored Podcast was kind enough to point out that it was the Cheap Ass Gamer, not he, who made the donations I mentioned in Podcast #52. CAG has a podcast, incidentally, if you’re a gamer who likes to save some cash.
- Sorry for the delay, I’ve been sick.
- Filk podcasts - or rather, fun podcasts: Manic Mondays, Freakin’ Funny Music, and the live streaming filk.com. [EDIT - Thanks to Tim, the Firefly filk (or Firefilk) band is the Bedlam Bards. And of course I can’t leave out my favorite filk, the Brobdingnagian Bards.]
- If you’re in the pharmaceutical industry, see if you can help Teresa Nielsen Hayden.
- My husband has a podcast. I’m linking to it next week. Be patient. It rocks.
- PodcasterCon was fun. Had dinner from Senator John and Elizabeth Edwards, got a plug from Madge, managed to struggle through the talk… met Raequel from The Triscast, Paul and Martha from ADD and Balticon podcast, and many more.
- The Queer Podcast Community
- I have deadlines, so I was unable to write an essay, but Alexis wrote one for you. The Amazing Exciting Potential.
[EDIT - Good lord, I’m embarrassed. Mixed up my 3rd party presidential hopefuls. It wasn’t Ross Perot who messed up the narcoleptic meds, it was Ralph Nader. Apologies all around, and thanks to Wes for the correction.]